Link-Up Victoria is auspice by the Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA). The VACCA is committed to protecting the privacy of its staff and supporters. VACCA endorses the recent legislative initiatives concerning the collection, use, security and disclosure of personal information.
VACCA collects information from our clients, members, subscribers and other organisations to maintain accurate membership and subscription records and in the course of VACCA’s business. Some of this is personal information.
VACCA makes the following undertakings:
* To take reasonable steps to make individuals aware that VACCA is collecting personal information about them.
* The purposes for which VACCA is collecting the information, and who VACCA may pass the information on to.
* To obtain the permission of the subject or in the case of a child, a person with the legal responsibility for their welfare to use their image for illustrations in VACCA publications and other resources including the VACCA website.
* To provide individuals with access to whatever personal information VACCA might hold about them and to have the information corrected or annotated if the information is incorrect, out-of-date or incomplete.
* To take all reasonable steps to ensure and protect confidentiality and security in the handling and storage of personal information.
* To seek the approval of the individual(s) concerned before any disclosure of personal information to a third party, unless specifically exempted by legislation, or where the individual(s) is previously made aware the information will be disclosed to a third party.
* To have in place a process for dealing with privacy complaints should any individual believe that information about them is not being properly handled by VACCA. The process will seek to address complaints quickly and effectively and offer recourse to an independent adjudicator should a complainant not be satisfied by VACCA’s internal complaint handling procedures.
Collection of personal information for publication distribution purposes
Information is collected and used by VACCA and our distribution agent to fulfill requests by the public for VACCA publications and resources. VACCA also uses this information, and the additional information requested, for evaluation and quality management purposes.
No sale of personal information
VACCA will never sell or receive payment for disclosing your personal information.
Concerns about your privacy
This Website contains links to other sites. VACCA is not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of other web sites and encourages you to examine each site’s privacy policies.